Step 1: Put your MP3 player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) of the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: NO CHEATING (that goes for the guesser, too!)
And the meek shall inherit the earth2112, Rush -- nemo_wistar
- Virtue is relative at best
What the hell is wrong with you tonight?Different for Girls, Joe Jackson -- quodlibetic
Ninety-nine point nine Fahrenheit degreesSuzanne Vega, 99.9°F -- celaeno
- When I woke up this morning I felt a pang
- Welcome to my country, welcome to my home
- Love, love, love, love is a weird thing
It's getting better all the timeThe Beatles, "Getting Better" -- origamislayer
The old bastard left his ties and his suitBen Folds, "Bastard" -- crescentdude
- When we wore a heart of stone, we wandered to the sea
- You should have listened what your mother said
- When your love's flown out the window
- Sometimes I think he knows too much
- Brick by brick, stone by stone
- Yes, it's true I want that apple
My doctor told me that it was time for me to have my X-rayCrash Test Dummies, "Here I Stand Before Me" crescentdude
Now I lay me down not to sleepBarenaked Ladies, "Who Needs Sleep?" -- crescentdude
BTW, good luck with 2, 9, and 13. The guess you're likely to make for 9 is wrong. I'll give you another hint on 9 -- the whole song's lyrics are basically undecipherable.